The fall is so long from now so let’s take a step back! Below is Prada’s new video campaign for Spring/Summer 2010 which includes bright colors, lots of stripes, neon furs, and funky sunglasses. The models in the video are dancing to Ratatat’s “Mirando”.
It may be January but pre-fall collections have already started to be shown! According to Women’s Wear Daily, a trend for the season will encompass a heavy emphasis on jeweling up pieces with sequins, shimmer, and stones (like this golden dress by Vera Wang on the left).
Jean Paul Gaultier focused on zippers to create a tough edge. The zipper on the shoulder of the long red dress can be zipped up to transform it into a shorter cocktail version.
Having not shown a pre-fall collection since 2009, it was exciting to see what John Galliano had to offer for the season. His collection is colorful like Bottega Veneta, but is inspired by “Parisian Seventies street glamour.”
Check out some of the collections from pre-fall below:
Jean Paul Gaultier
..but really you! With the holidays coming up, it’s time to start searching for gifts for that special someone. Although getting a present for your boyfriend (or father, brother, etc) may be tricky, have some fun during your multiple shopping excursions and pick something out that you can borrow for yourself from time to time.
1. Topman Grey Chunky Stitch Cardigan, $88
2. Urban Outfitters Double Cable Eternity Scarf, $28
3. River Island School Satchel, $46
4. American Apparel Jute & Leather Belt, $34
5. American Apparel Recycled Cotten-Acrylic Blend Snow Cap, $23
6. J Crew Marled Socks, $16 (2 for $20)
7. Polo Ralph Lauren Suede-Patch Hunting Shirt, $145
8. Topman Stone Double Cable Snood Scarf, $32
*Place any online orders ASAP if you need them by Christmas!